Sunday, January 17, 2010

seven: restoration

Lyrics from a song I heard have been burning into my thoughts all weekend...

"This is your life...are you who you want to be?"

I look past on 30 years and can't deny the regrets
or the feeling that I could have accomplished so much more.
I always thought it would be different.
I would be different.
Don't get me wrong, it's definitely been full of adventure and surprises,
but there's a plethora of time that has been lost by inactivity,
laziness,
distraction,
aimless wandering,
forgotten dreams.

These unsettling meanderings of thought were laid to rest with a single verse,
a friendly reminder to not lay my focus on what has been,
but what will be...

So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten...

These locusts devour hopes,
dreams,
desires...
leaving a heart stripped bare of purpose.


But all is not lost.

We have One who restores.
One who takes our pillaged years
and returns them to fullness.
Who can rewrite the famine
into abundance.
Who can silence our regrets
with a promised-filled future.

1 comment:

  1. Anne - sorry we didn't get to connect in Edmonton! Could you email me - I'd like to get in touch with you via email... thanks! corrina.c.lobbezoo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete