Monday, January 11, 2010

one: unhindered

I was hanging out with a friend @ The Project last nite, a nameless face in a sea of people with mixed motivations. It marked the beginning of this journey into God's character, and I was drawing blanks...

"God...what do you want to teach me about who you are?"

"Unhindered."

Ășn'hin-du(r)d
Not slowed, blocked or interfered with, not obstructed by any obstacles or difficulties

Simple.
Yet sometimes forgotten.
He is not encumbered by our culture -
The colour of our skin
The language we speak
The food we eat.
He is not boxed in by
the style of our clothes,
the circles that enclose us,
or the social skills we may or may not possess.
Our attitudes do not deter Him.
Our peasantry does not prohibit Him.
Our past does not arrest Him...
the choices we've made,
the history we hold.
the mistakes we hide
cannot cripple His desire to move in this world.

His friendship is not bound by any quality we could embody.
There isn't a stereotype that could classify those He inhabits.
Time cannot frustrate Him.
Conflict cannot sift Him.
Humanity cannot deny Him.

And with this quiet revelation,
in the waking moments of pursuing His character over the next year,
it dawned on me...
I am to be like Him.
The character qualities He exhibits
I must demonstrate in my own.
May I find myself unhindered.

No comments:

Post a Comment