Friday, January 15, 2010

five: pursues

I am not a pursuer by nature.
Partly due to fear...
mostly pride.
It stings when relationships go south and you have no idea why...
When you are rejected without cause.
When someone does not see the value within you to hold on...
and the door closes.


There are some people who keep standing at that door.
Knocking.
Waiting.
Pursuing a closed door.
I tend to be the cynic in this scenario...
you won't find me there!
Why waste my time on that which is locked?
They made a choice...

I was mulling over the many times I've closed the door -
and God still pursues me...
Standing outside.
Knocking.
Waiting.
And it convicted me of situations in my life
where I've failed to lay down my pride
and pursue for the cause of hope.
For the restoration of relationship.
For unconditional love.

Now, most people would not be willing to die for an upright person,
though someone might perhaps be willing to die for a person who is especially good.
But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us
while we were still sinners...

No comments:

Post a Comment